Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

meine Freunde

17 Mar 2015

Preventing Animal Cruelty

My lecturer for Governance and Public Policy module, Kate, once asked us in the class to imagine ourselves as an animal and justify why we want to be that animal?

Her question make me more realize on what I really passionate about in my entire life. Yupp.. I LOVE ANIMALS.

I believe my confession is not enough without the real action I should take to justify on it. For animal lovers out there, I believe this is the time for us to start do something for our fellow friends.

Lately, I did watching lots of videos in Facebook from People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Aunty Umairah Fan Club, Kim Stallwood and Best Video You Will See. I can spend my whole day watching and reading their argument on animal right.The more I watch and evaluate their argument, makes me realize on how cruel human can be. These are examples of scenario that intimidating me.

1) Dairy cow abuse

I cried when imagine on how suffer this cow can be. Just to give us milk, look on how bad they been treated. This cow unable to walk properly and the swollen give them pain. Is this a price that you willing to pay to get a glass of milk??


2)Milk come from grieving mother

Do you know what really happen to this calves?They being separated from their mother exactly after they are born.The calves are left to die and their meat are being sold.

My entry doesn't mean to claim that we should stop consume milk. But we should stop continue this cruelty towards this animals. The modern approach of dairy farming using method that inhumane and they should be stop. It should not only concern on making biggest profit but it should be making profit in most ethical manner. I praise the traditional and small scale dairy farmer who concern on their animal right. The mother and calves should not be separated. They did not cause pain to the animal to get their milk. 

I urge everyone to please reconsider on our action. Lets us drink only the milk that we get from ethical way of dairy farm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...